Friday, March 20, 2009

Asthma Tech - Scene 4 rough animation

These are some of the first animation tests from back in 2004. It's kind of nostalgic to look at this stuff again. Roughs were animated on chroma and inked with those faber castell pitt artist pens.



When I was a kid, I could actually run pretty fast. I would be in the front of the pack at the start of the track race, but after a while my asthma would kick in and I'd have an asthma attack. And the rest of the kids would pass me by.



The characters were a combination of kids that I actually knew when I was a kid, and kids that my mom had as students. This guy was somewhat reminiscent of a friend named Nathan.



This girl was based off of that athletic asian girl archetype.



I had a childhood friend named Sam and he had glasses.



There were a lot of blonde girls in my public school, back when little kids actually wore dresses to school. This ones for them.



This girl's kind of a tom boy.



All together now!



Cough! Cough! Cough!



The classic blue ventolin puffer saves the day.



So here's the colour composite. Basically, this was me everyday in gym class!

No comments:

Post a Comment